Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's ~Fancy Dinner~

Sunday evening, we had a very *Fancy Nancy* style dinner at home to celebrate Valentine's Day. What a fun time we ALL had! Little Bear and Tiny took wonderful naps while Daddy and I prepared the dinner and desserts....then when they awoke, we all got dressed in our fanciest clothes. Little Bear surprised us all and picked to wear a skirt (rather than any of her fancy dresses or tutus) and she informed me that she didn't want to wear a shirt, but I insisted that a shirt would be required to enter our fancy restaurant :) She settled for wearing one of my shirts that we tied in the back so it would "fit" her. I allowed her to pick my dress and she got to pick out some jewelry from my fancy jewelry box. She even got to wear "dangly" earrings that Daddy taped on with double-sided tape! :D

Here are "the girls" in our fancy outfits, ready for some fancy food! (Tiny was having teething issues so please ignore the washcloth stuffed in her mouth)

We turned the lights way down and enjoyed our dinner by candle light (fancy crystal candelabrum provided by Grandma), which was just so impressive to Little Bear. I even put a tablecloth and cloth place mats on the table, which is a rarity due to issues with having everything pulled off the table by a certain someone ;P We had sparkling grape juice in fancy glasses to drink and we even called each other "darling" and spoke in fancy accents the entire time ;) Lots of fancy words were used by LB, which just tickled us to pieces!

After our scrumptious dinner, we had Hot Fudge Sundae cake (a crock pot recipe!) with vanilla ice cream on top, paired with chocolate covered strawberries :) Very fancy! Then the bus boy (Daddy who quickly changed from suit/tie to sweats/t-shirts), cleared our table and did ALL the dishes! I must say, after spending several Valentine's Days alone with my grown up Valentine, this was by far the best Love Day celebration we've had! Although Tiny was not the happiest dinner guest (stinkin' molars, poor baby!), we know she'll be more into our fanciness next year. Little Bear is still talking about our Very Fancy Dinner! :)

3 comments:

Dana February 17, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Sounds like a fun fancy pants evening to me!

Jen February 17, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

Such a cute idea. I love that she picked out your dress and then wanted to wear one of your shirts too! And the double-stick tape earrings just makes me laugh. :)

Becca February 19, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

That is just TOO cute, Jessalyn!!!

When we were unpacking stuff from our move I came across two tea sets I had - one my Aunt Marjorie made and one my dear daddy bought me one day just because he loved me (I think it was when I was like 19 or 20!!). I just squealed and told Nick that I cannot wait until Ellie is a couple years older and we're going to have fancy little girl tea parties!!! FUN!

Your girls are adorable!!



Contact Me

Email me at jessalyn.knight@gmail.com

About This Blog

We are a growing family who has faith in God's plans for us to educate our children at home. Our girls are 4 and 2 and our new little guy is 4 months. I have a Master's Degree in Education and taught kindergarten and first grade prior to becoming a stay at home mommy-teacher :) This blog is a glimpse of our "school" activities, beginning at the preschool level.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP