Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring is Here!

The weather was beautiful 'round these parts this past week and the girls and I definitely took advantage and took playtime outside! Among our times outside, we have also ventured to a new place last Monday (when it wasn't the most beautiful day) called Bouncing Off the Walls...it's one of those "inflatable places," if you have little ones, you know exactly what I'm talking about! We met some of our good friends there and had a wonderful time bouncing around...wore Mama out, to say the least!

I have been promising the girls that I would get the tub of rice out once the weather warmed up...so yesterday I threw an old vinyl tablecloth on the deck and let them have a ball with the rice. This was Tiny's first time since she was too young when I first started this with Little Bear last year. They played for over an hour and both had a blast!

Tiny loved transferring the rice from one container to the other :)


LB enjoyed building "sand castles" and hiding the shells that were left in there from last time she played with rice!


I couldn't help it....I had to add this one, it's my favorite! Tiny HAD to wear 3 strands of beads, her hat, AND sunglasses outside one day. She was very proud of her very fashionable look, jeans rolled up and all :)


We didn't do much of anything special for St. Patrick's Day (other than hunt for green things at the grocery store that morning) so I decided to make the girls some Rainbow Cupcakes. I saw the recipe here....and let me just say they turned out adorable, but took WAY too long for my liking! Maybe I'm just upset that I didn't sit down to eat my dinner until I got these in the oven...and everyone else was already finished eating by then! Oh well...worth it for my sweeties I suppose :)


And this is how Tiny felt about her cupcake:

Wonderful week for us....still no planning or structure around here, but we're all totally okay with that. I can tell Little Bear is sort of missing her activities because every other day or so she'll ask to do "a activia" (yes, my girls eat Activia yogurt and that's where she gets that). So I whip something fun out of the closet for her to work on for a bit and everyone's happy. I have big hopes of printing off some fun "springy" things to have available for the next few weeks...Totally Tots and 1+1+1=1 both have some really cute ideas :) We'll see.....flexibility is my middle name these days and always!

Happy Spring!

1 comments:

Becca March 23, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

L looks like she belongs on the cover of a Fancy Nancy book ;-)



Contact Me

Email me at jessalyn.knight@gmail.com

About This Blog

We are a growing family who has faith in God's plans for us to educate our children at home. Our girls are 4 and 2 and our new little guy is 4 months. I have a Master's Degree in Education and taught kindergarten and first grade prior to becoming a stay at home mommy-teacher :) This blog is a glimpse of our "school" activities, beginning at the preschool level.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP